Tuesday, June 15, 2010

wee tennis


Feeling overly confident and athletic since my LASIK surgery ...
surely, I have the BEST eye-to-hand coordination NOW.
LASIK not only fixed my eyesight, it fixed my ability to play TENNIS. 

I went to the club and signed up for TENNIS LESSONS. 
Lessons before ambitious Team.
Team of attractive, tanned, leg-toned, club women.

After registration, I quickly drove to the "athletic boutique",
which specializes in outfitting the "perfect" tennis player.
I walked out with some very cute tennis skirts.

FIRST LESSON:  I suck.
And the coach was extremely patient.

SECOND LESSON:  I still suck.
And the coach was helpful but awed.

THIRD LESSON:  I really suck.
And the coach offered to refund my "tuition" IF I never returned.

FOURTH LESSON:  I really really suck.
I picked up my refund.
And I now JUST wear the tennis outfits. 
Keep the racket in my car.
And use the tennis balls as STOP indicators in the garage.

THEN...
Wii Tennis came into my life.
I don my tennis outfits.
I attempt to play tennis with my Wii remote.
I COMPLETELY SUCK AT TENNIS.
EVEN Wii TENNIS.
I CANNOT EVEN MANAGE TO GET BEYOND - 
SERVE !
After each attempted Wii Tennis Game,
I receive the "polite, or not so polite"
YOU LOSE



No comments:

Post a Comment