Tuesday, November 3, 2009

creativity in the kitchen


So I was feeling a little bit creative this morning at 5 am.  Who else is awake at this hour (besides those of you who reside here)?  I pulled out the ole' pot'o'crock.  It is a perfect rainy, chilly, dreary, gray day to plug in this magical appliance!

I opened up the refrigerator and I threw in a random sample of whatever was within my reach:

carrots
celery
half an onion
chicken breast
potatoes (2)
half a bag of frozen green beans
noodles
lentils
black beans (raw, not from a can)

Then onto the spice cabinet

cumin
ginger
chili powder
minced onion
garlic

Then over to the sink

water poured over the entire contents
enough water to cover everything

Timer set for 8 hours
Pot set on Low

Now... let's see how it turns out... The POT SURPRISE!  And if we don't get some sort of gastrointestinal situation or swine flu -- I will be back to let you know how this turns out.  Don't you just love surprises.  And if this surprise is less than desirable like my new-best-friend then we go to plan B.  FROOT LOOPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment