Monday, February 14, 2011

love.life.happiness.



xoxo 
I was doing really well with the NEW number being assigned to my age today ....Until my daughter shockingly told me that her teacher was ONLY 25.  Wow.  And, by the way, who taught my daughter arithmetic??  Because, really, it isn't necessary to know the difference between my age and her teacher's age!
I feel like I have been given a number that doesn't quite match me.  It's off.  Because really I still think of myself as being 33.  Sometimes 28.  Maybe 35.  But definitely not this #.  And certainly not older.  So today I am left pondering, "how did I get to be this age?  How did it happen?  And when did it get here?"  At my age today, my mother had 20, 21 and 22 year old children.  I clearly remember my mother being this age.  It wasn't that long ago.  Was it? 

So, my new mantra:

It's just a number.
That doesn't really apply to me.
But I wear it proudly.
I have earned it!

So happy birthday to me.  
And Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment