Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday, I'm in Love. {the Cure}

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love ...


On weekends, our family tries to put the haste of the week behind us.  We linger over breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.  We lounge in our pajamas - a bit longer than necessary.  We may even have a "during-the-week-time-forbidden" snack mid-morning, like homemade chocolate chip muffins. 

Fortunately, I stay home so my entire week is, more or less, a weekend.  Monday to Sunday.  Weekly.   I bask in the warmth of little daughter's laughter, her curiosity, her penchant for busy-ness.  I welcome oldest daughter's arrival home from school.  I am conscious of the "little things".  We go outside for bubbles, or chalk, or a brisk early swim, or a walk to look at blooming flowers (before the tedious homework begins).

But on Friday, when everyone returns home for two entire days - we are in love.  In love with our time together.  In love with our interaction.  In love with "family time".  In love, perhaps, with having no plans except the spontaneous ones. 

Although, there are moments... you know the kind of moments... where you want to leave the house (alone) and return hours later.  Or Monday morning. 

So,I turn my head and delusionally deny the imperfection.  For these are the weekends my children will recall with happiness of their childhood memories. 

It's Friday, I'm in Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment