Saturday, July 24, 2010

temptation abounds

All summer long, McDonalds:  any size soda $1
QT gas stations:  $.49 for 32 ounces
Sonic:  Happy Hour = half price sodas
On the Run:  $.69 for 32 ounces

Damn you, marketing people!  The only summer I cannot indulge in Diet Coke and you people display Fountain Drinks for mere pennies.  Mere change.  Mere misery! 

I am free to indulge in four weeks.  And I know how this game will be played out:  the specials will all be in the past.  There will not be one special deal on Diet Coke fountain drinks.  There will not be one Diet Coke costing less than $1.79 for 32 ounces.  And I am going to need a lot of fluid ounces!  I need them NOW.   Intravenously. 

God, please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change or control
God, please grant me the serenity to give up Diet Coke for good, not just 280 days
God, please grant me the serenity to select another vice and may this vice be a good habit

No comments:

Post a Comment