Monday, June 29, 2009

'UM all day long!


The no-see-ums have invaded my home. The no-see-ums have taken over every resident's brain except mine. The no-see-ums are here all day long! The no-see-ums are flippin' annoying!

"Mom, where are my flip flops?"

"Um, where you left them?"

"I don't see um."

"Stand in front of your closet, look at the third shelf, look in the third shelf, and look at your flip flops."

"I don't see um. Can you come and find um?"

"First, open your eyes really wide and then look. IF you still can't see them, let me know."

"I don't see um."

I stomp all the way to the closet and pull the flip flops off the third shelf. "UGH!"

"Honey, do you know where my sunglasses are?"

"Yes, where you left them."

"I don't see um."

(Surprise I mutter.) "Go into the kitchen, open the first drawer on the right, look in the first drawer on the right, and pick up your sunglasses."

"I don't see um."

(Oh, for the love of God.) "Look carefully, they are there."

"I don't see um."

I stomp into the kitchen and lift the sunglasses out of the first drawer on the right. "HERE!"

"Mom, where are my markers?" "Honey, where are my pliers?" ... and it goes on and on.

"MOM ..." "HONEY, ..." "MOOOOMMMMM ...." "HONNNNEEEEEY, ..."

Oh, I am sorry I have the NO-HEAR-UMS!!!
(And the other resident, I believe she has the no-taste-ums.)

No comments:

Post a Comment