Friday, June 26, 2009

Fire Engine 26

You know who you are!

I was on my front porch yesterday when you all (four firemen and a truck) were out for a morning drive. 9:45 am to be exact!

You were braking to a stop at the four-way sign. My house is on the corner. On the left. Yes, that was me.

I was standing on top of a three-step stool wearing a YELLOW bathing suit. Yes, still ME! I was watering the hanging baskets and washing the entry windows. REMEMBER?

I saw your truck approaching, so I sucked in my 'post-baby' gut and posed really sexy while perching and stretching upward on top of the step stool. (Approximately 36 inches off the cement ground.) Thought I might turn your head?!

Suddenly, I lost my balance and tumbled HEAD-FIRST into the shrubs off the porch (36 inches plus 18 more porch height inches), falling 54 INCHES!

DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE I NEEDED HELP OUT OF THE PRICKLY BUSH?? DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE I NEEDED RESCUING?? DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU THAT MAYBE I DROPPED MY PHONE IN THE HEDGE AND I NEEDED TO RETRIEVE IT??

AND, you all just sat and stared (and probably laughed). Your time limit had clearly EXPIRED at the STOP SIGN!

And, by the way, I AM OKAY! I AM NOT INJURED! (although my pride is!) I WAS JUST CHECKING THE HEIGHT AND DENSITY OF THE SHRUBS!! (YES, I WAS!) OH, AND RETRIEVING MY PHONE!!! (YES, I REALLY WAS!)


No comments:

Post a Comment