Friday, May 15, 2009

Closed-Caption

I use this feature on my television. A friend, who happens to be hearing-impaired, introduced me to this wonderful feature. I, on the other hand, am NOT hearing impaired. Unless, of course, you consider IGNORING a problem.

I am addicted to this feature.

In fact, I am so addicted that I literally cannot hear the dialog on television unless I am reading it. Enable my CC!

Luckily, my husband does not watch television. I believe my CC quirk (among others) would give him ample opportunity to lecture me on the benefits of NO TV.

Luckily, daughter number one does not seem to notice the big white words on the screen. She does not see them (hopefully, she does not need to be fitted for eyeglasses). She is accustomed to my habit and the words belong on each show. And that is why we NEVER watch television at another person's home. I do NOT want her to realize that TVs generally do not have words.

And daughter number two is being weaned on big white words.

I laugh before the laugh track. I know the ending before the scene is complete. I know the answer before the contestant on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".

I love my Closed-Caption.

Unfortunately, my CC habit drives my mother insane. She is insisting that I have my hearing checked! (But maybe I don't want to hear everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment