Tuesday, May 4, 2010

got milk?

Drink milk!

Eat cheese, yogurt, tums and ice cream before you place uncontrollable rolling shoes on your children for an afternoon of skating.  Build up their calcium storage.  Especially IF your children are accident prone {like mine}.

We went to a skating birthday party.  And I had an overwhelming fear of attending a party on wheels; especially for my littlest daughter's sake.

Miraculously, my children and all the party children managed to remain on their feet.  Gliding across the wheel scuffed hardwood floors.  The disco ball emitting flashes of silver light.  The fake smoke hovering the ceiling tiles.  A toilet seat hanging from the ceiling (whatever for?)  The Black-Eyed Peas were blaring.

Flashback to the 70s:  I kept waiting to hear the Bay City Rollers, Donna Summer, the Bee Gees, Andy Gibb, Supertramp, 10CC, Sister Sledge's "We Are Family", and Yvonne Elliman's "If I Can't Have You".  The rollerskating boogie songs never came... but I played them in my mind!

Ahhh, Thankfully, only one of the party dads broke a wrist!  WHEW!  (Sorry, AnnaClaire's Dad ... )

No comments:

Post a Comment