Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blessings.

A- B- C- D- E- F- G-...
THANK YOU GOD FOR FEEDING ME.

But somehow in our home the children's prayer has become a routine requet:
A- B- C- D- E- F- G-...
DON'T FORGET TO FLUSH YOUR PEE.

There is never a dull moment in our home.  Or yours, I bet.  With children or without.  There is always humor and a story.  Whether, your children are of the furry variety with four legs.  Or your children are grown up.  There is always a daily memory.  Sometimes, you just have to find it!!

My middle little loves to whine for attention.  The bellowing, annoying, earbreaking kind of whine.  The kind of whine that is difficult to ignore because it is grating in your head and causing a split--Grand Canyon size .  And you wonder if this is a stage?  Or will this continue for the next 15 years? 

One day, recently, middle little was in a full blown whine tantrum lying flat on the ground with the loudest of bellows coming from her wee vocal chords.  I let her know that I was ignoring her.

middle little:  "When is daddy coming home?"
me:  "later".
middle little:  "I want my daddy."
me:  "later."
me:  "please stop whining, it's hurting my ears."
middle little:  "my daddy loves my whine."

Daddy arrives.  Finally. 

middle little:  "daddy, do you love my whine?"
daddy:  "what?"
middle little:  "daddy, you love my whine."
daddy:  "of course, i lov.....
me:  "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SAYING THAT... EVER... THIS IS NOT A JOKE!"
daddy:  "i love you but you don't need to whine."
middle little:  "I SAID, DO YOU LOVE MY WHINE?"
me:  glare from hell peering into husband's big brown eyes.

A- B- C- D- E- F- G- ...
Thank you God for blessing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment